Boats and Watercrafts Insurance
Why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft in Florida?
You’ll enjoy the water more when you’re not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you’re in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
• If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
• If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
• Your watercraft also needs protection when it’s on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion about Florida boat and personal watercraft insurance:
• How much can you afford to pay if your boat or personal watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen?
• Is my boat or watercraft covered for use year-round?
• What discounts and programs are available?
• How much medical insurance and liability coverage is enough?
• Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat towed in an emergency?
• What’s the process for filing and settling a claim?
• Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
Home and auto insurance policies may provide limited coverage for personal watercraft. Talk to your insurance representative about coverage limits. You may want to consider purchasing a personal watercraft policy to protect yourself and your water vehicle in the event of an accident.
To learn more about Florida boat and personal watercraft insurance coverage call one of our agents at 561-272-9683