When conducting any type of business in Delray Beach, it is crucial to invest in protection—in commercial insurance. The driving and management of vehicles for business is no exception. Whether you’re thinking of just covering your personal vehicle for commercial use or considering protection for your commercial fleet, commercial auto insurance isn’t something you can just go without.
What is Commercial Auto Insurance?
This type of insurance is fairly similar to personal auto insurance, covering an array of possible injuries and damages. Some aspects of this coverage include but are not limited to:
- Property damage to another person’s vehicle in an accident caused while any employee of the business was driving for business purposes
- Bodily injury caused to third parties in accidents caused by any employee while the car was being driven for business purposes
- Coverage that can be expected in traditional auto insurance policies, such as underinsured motorists and the like
As has been repeated before, this coverage is limited to the use of the vehicles for business purposes, whatever these purposes might be. As such, it is important to have a discussion with your insurance provider about what falls under “business purposes.” Different industries will have different standards; for example, the commercial auto insurance for a fleet of limousines will be enacted quite differently from industrial van rentals.
Do I really need it?
If you own a vehicle that is primarily for business, you definitely need a commercial auto insurance policy. Any of the following activities generally constitute business activity that this type of insurance covers:
- You or your employees frequently drive to work sites
- You frequently travel to specialized sites to resupply your business, such as farms and plants
- Your business is conducted mostly from within vehicles, such as the case for traveling pet groomers and caterers
- You regularly haul equipment for your business in your pickup truck
It is also important to take local rules and regulations for commercial driving into account. This is because some local governments require commercial vehicles operating in their area to have commercial auto insurance.
It may seem like an added expense, but it is an expense that is worth spending, as it can add a layer of protection to your business, no matter what industry or size it is. Without commercial auto insurance, you leave yourself open to the danger of paying for damages and injuries out of pocket. You could quite easily leave yourself open to lawsuits as well, depending on the severity of the accident you might end up in.
Not only can you conduct your business with a greater sense of security, but your employees can also enjoy a sense of security, knowing that any dangers and bodily harm to other parties are covered by insurance.
It is always good to be prepared for the unexpected. After all, an ounce of prevention is always better than a pound of cure. Commercial auto insurance is one such layer of protection. It can protect your business’s financial well-being, ensuring that it stays in operation even in the event of a terrible accident.
If you’re looking for a Delray Beach provider of commercial auto insurance, send us a message at For The Insured. We have great plans and policies for businesses of any size, in any industry.